Archive for December, 2010

.mobi (not the other guy)

Monday, December 27th, 2010

How frustrating is it to have to scroll through pages on your Smartphone to get to the content you want when a retailer is advertising something to you? Irritating and stupid. The marketer in me gets annoyed when retailers I like just send me emails with product offers and I have to fight my way […]

New product: Christmas tree on Hormones

Tuesday, December 21st, 2010

My family likes a good Charlie Brown tree.  The wimpier, the better.  Every year we approach the lot looking for the tree that leans over the most, with the fewest branches to hold our cache of macaroni ornaments.  We don’t like it, however, when it drops it needles before the guy in the suit shows […]

Decade’s Best Digital Ad Campaigns

Sunday, December 5th, 2010

There will be lots of decade-best lists coming out now (depending on when you think the decade ended!)  There has been a lot written about where advertising is, and isn’t, going in the future.  These campaigns will give you something to think about.  I remember when I started using the Subservient Chicken (Burger King’s out there […]

Bus 101 Winds Up

Thursday, December 2nd, 2010

It was an exciting term in Bus 101 with 600 Sauder 1st year students in 4 sections having an opportunity to see all aspects of Commerce integrated.  Paul Cubbon, Jeff Kroeker, Rob Jackes and I taught this highly engaging, active course together.  Paul designed the course and he and Jeff ran it as a pilot […]

(RED) or Dead

Wednesday, December 1st, 2010

Had a great discussion yesterday about the launch of product (RED), forcing us to think back to 4 years ago when this brand and business/charitable model were a whole new concept for raising money for a cause.  Look what showed up today:  In this campaign, to support World AIDS Day on Dec. 1, digitally savvy […]