My reply to JaeSeung’s post (2)

I am interested in JaeSeung’s post “The Rising Star: How Did Xiaomi Doubled Their Revenue?” because it talks about the famous and success brand in China in recent years. As a Chinese, I recognize the growth of this company through my real life experience. And I want to discuss it in the following paragraphs.

In JaeSeung’s post, she mentioned “within a year, its net profit nearly doubled from 1.88 billion Yuan to 3.46 billion Yuan ($566 million), not to mention its revenue was even more than doubled.” And she mainly explains the reason of its online-sale strategy. The thing I want to add to this strategy is that Xiaomi also limits the supply quantity at the very beginning of operation, so that they can control the quality of their products and attract consumers psychologically.

I would like to explain the other two reasons that mentioned in her post, including low price and marketing based on social media.

Low price:

At the very beginning, the positioning of Xiaomi products is low price. In other words, it has operational effectiveness, because it offers lower cost and superior quality at the same time. It attracts consumers who did not concern about reputation.

Marketing based on social media:

To me, this strategy is the smartest one. It creates a platform for consumers to share information and their using experience, which is also convenient for the firm to do the marketing research. Also, because of this strategy, it connects consumers and producers more closely. More importantly, Xiaomi invites consumers to take part in the designing, which increase the consumer loyalty to this brand.

The success of Xiaomi is not because of its fortunate, but because of its wise stratrgies.

http://www.takungpao.com.hk/news/content/images/attachement/png/site2/20120928/d067e51cc7af11cf369631.png