About First Nations

I was not familiar with anything about first nations in Canada before I read the required and optional articles. After reading these articles, I know that the aboriginal people did not have appropriate human rights before. And for strengthening the government’s power, some culture of First Nations was “killed”.

However, this situation was improved in recent years, and First Nations has the ability to decide the usage of some resources and land in Canada, which should be an external factor that will influence the management decision-making. In addition, because of the value of these aboriginal people, some activities, such as mining and fishing, are influenced, as well as the business initiatives in BC.

I think the aboriginal people should make an agreement with some companies. Then they can provide their resources to these companies as inputs, but these companies have to promise that they will not damage the environment for sustainability. As a result, the aboriginal people will have the ability of self-sufficiency, or they will have to depend on the government.