“Did Apple do enough?”

The blog I read interests me since it compares Apple and Samsung, and mentions that iphone is now catching up Samsung. This makes me feel like Samsung is now the leader in the smart phone market and Apple just follows it. Once Apple was the leader in the market, because iphone should be the symbol of revolution of mobile phone in year 2007. However, it loses its market power because Samsung uses a different system and development approach to position itself and attract customers. In order to maintain the leadership position, Apple did a lot, which is the thing I want to talk about in the following paragraphs.

First of all, I want to confirm that Apple did a good job to maintain the leadership position. As we mentioned in class, the things a firm should do including being the first to introduce the product, having a memorable name that conjures up images that help to position the product, etc. Apple tries to do most of them.

More importantly, Apple should keep the impression in the costumers’ minds. It was once the revolution of the mobile phone; to me, it should keep innovation later, which is the thing it does every year. Although new iphone this year changes to be like Samsung, the change is necessary for today’s users. Although apple-pay is not new, it is still a change for Apple. The biggest innovation is the Smartwatch that is totally different. Using a mobile phone with a watch might be a little strange, or might become a new lifestyle. I don’t know whether this Smartwatch will be the major success for Apple in the future, but I am really interested in the development trends of it.

http://i2.sinaimg.cn/gm/2014/1104/U11758P115DT20141104174904.jpg