Felicia Firdaus's Blog

Is online service better than in store service?

April 7th, 2011 · No Comments

Last week, I just found out that we can order take out from Whitespot by placing the order online. I thought it was pretty cool and decided to give it a try.

The website was very clear; it carries varieties of menu just like the restaurant menu did. What I like about the online service is it allows us to personalize our food. I could easily click on the add on that I would like to add to my order and eliminate the extra condiment that I do not want, in this case I order a burger with extra BBQ sauce and no tomato. The placement order also guided step by step as the first one you choose the food then they will offer you whether you want beverage or not. In addition, through the website, I could see what promotion is currently going on. Overall, I was satisfied with the online service.

I was a bit disappointed when I got to the store as all the servers are busy and I would have to wait to give me my order and they seems in a rush so can’t serve me better.

The advantages of using online services compared to dine in are the sentences on the website are very clear and friendly, you could see the promotions that are going on and details, you do not need to wait for a server to take your order, and your order has less chance of error as it is computerized.

I know that the real service that is provided by dining in the restaurant could not be replaced with the online service in this situation. But then the point that I want to bring out is online service could also be a competitive advantage in this business.

images source : whitespot.com

Tags: Uncategorized

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.