Felicia Firdaus's Blog

The Green New Year Resolution

January 15th, 2011 · 1 Comment

Since we are still in the beginning of year 2011, I believe it is not too late to talk about what New Year resolution that you have made? Is it working harder, getting better grades or going to the gym more frequent? How about being more environmental friendly? Does it ever cross your mind?

Being environmental friendly I believe is one of the most popular New Year resolutions for many companies.

In the past few years, we have seen that there are many products, ranging from bags and detergent to cars are designed to become more environmental-friendly. In fact, these products which carry the green label are also proven to sell better in the market. This is a prove that our community putting more concern about the sustainability of the planet. According to a study conducted by Accenture1, 9 out of 10 people say that they are willing to pay premium to buy products that pollute less (Environmental Leader, 2007).

So I see this one advertisement from GE electronic that I think is pretty interesting. In the ads, there’s a group of young teenagers who are on a road trip with a hybrid car and they find convenience as along the way there’s GE charging station

YouTube Preview Image

After I see this advertisement, what I could think is green car is cool. Green products are cool as they are different and new.  It also elevates our status to seem to be more aware of environmentally responsible.

So what’s your opinion on green product? Is being green now included to your New Year resolution list?

Bibliography :

1 (2007, October 18). Retrieved from Environmental Leader: http://www.environmentalleader.com/2007/10/18/two-thirds-of-people-will-pay-premium-for-green-products/

Tags: Uncategorized

1 response so far ↓

• Shalina Bhagat // Jan 23rd 2011 at 4:13 pm

Great first post! Being “green” is definitely on the forefront of many business’s minds! Social responsbility is growing not only in the products businesses offer but also in the types of marketing businesses use! later in the semester we will learn about green marketing and a company in particular that specializes in uses paper free eco friendly types of marketing for businesses!