Uncategorized

Remind Yourself to Shop Ethically

Remind Yourself to Shop Ethically by HenryLiu

As opposed to my other blogs that are based on new products, innovative ideas, and regulation topics, I decided to post casually about something that caught my attention. I came across this posting when browsing on Pinterest, and it became a simple and sharable reminder of how to shop ethically. It feels like an engineer’s diagram, but for the everyday person.

Shopping ethically and sustainably has always been a challenge for me. But after this Sustainability Marketing course my view has really changed. It’s not just about what I’m purchasing and the ethical implications of that item, but also about why. I think this diagram is so relatable to everyone that even those with confused or cynical “shades of green” can understand.

Sustainable doesn’t just mean buying eco-friendly products. 

By considering the option to purchase a quality used or new item from Craigslist or eBay can also solve the concern of price/value while fulfilling the purpose of “reusing”. Because of that, it also does very well on the “degree of confidence and compromise” perception matrix where it’s a win-win purchase,

I’ve realized that being a sustainable shopper doesn’t mean I have to compromise with anything immediately, but rather taking the first steps of ethical shopping and transitioning that into sustainable shopping.

Story written by HenryLiu

Be the first to leave a comment!