Today the health and wellness craze has become very popular in North America. Sweaty Bands, founded by  fitness instructor Donna Browning, is an up-and-coming athletic wear company that could very well go on and experience the same success that Lululemon Athletica has enjoyed. Reading this article about these stay-put head bands, you can see that this small company is growing fast and has no intention of stopping. With $3-million in revenue in 2011 and an expected $12-million in 2012, you can see that Sweaty Bands did not waste any time in going to sports events to promote their product. What struck me when looking further into this company is what Browning calls the “Sweaty Run.” This tab on the Sweaty Band’s webpage shows the timeline of how the company has grown. When reading this, I could not help thinking about class 19 and the stories we heard from Amielle Lake and Eric H. Carlson about how they became entrepreneurs. Their stories, along with Browning’s, are inspiring for students like me that have yet to find their success in the business world. After listening in class and analyzing Sweaty Bands, one thing has really resonated with me about entrepreneurship: if you want to be a successful entrepreneur, your company or product had to solve a problem for your target customers – even if it is as simple as creating a headband that will not fall off while you play sports – and only after working incredibly hard to make your vision a reality will your company thrive. Just as Eric Thomas said, “when you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqhk3U7DRvg

Main Article

Comment now!

Trackbacks