The Power of ‘We’

“We Day is the movement of our time, empowering a generation of young global citizens through an inspirational event and a year-long educational initiative.”

Recently the annual We Day event was held at Vancouver. Although I have never attended, it interested me to see what exactly the event consists of and how it came to be. I discovered We Day is only a small part of a broader organization which was founded by two brothers Craig and Marc. Initially, Craig and Marc started with Free the Children as children, with support from their classmates. To this day they empower kids to help those in need, and have created Adopt a Village as a long-term solution for international communities facing poverty. Through the years Craig and Marc also launched Me to We , a social enterprise fueled by the need for change, and 2007 the first We Day took place in Toronto.

We Day is a way for the organization to fully bring together the idea of  youth working in unity to create positive change.  Simply put it provides the children of the world with the tools to shape the world as a whole, not individual parts. This is what attracted me to learn more about We Day and the organizations as a whole, they understand children are the future. The organizations Craig and Marc have created shows their passion in social responsibility and that there is really more to the world than making a profit. I am hopefully for the future of business ethics, and ready to empower change myself as well.