Creation of the web folio

Creating the web folio was an interesting and valuable experience, as I got to create something that could be used for my professional application while being refreshed on the whole course material from the technical writing class. The first step of creating the web folio is to determine the intended audience, and I chose interviewers as I am currently on a job search. I thought it would be better to include a personalized website than LinkedIn to show personality and character. The next step is designing the web folio. I am a big fan of simplistic themes, so I chose a classic combination of black and white for clarity and straightforwardness, as it is visually appealing and tasteful. The layout for menus and pages for easy navigation was also heavily considered as I would not want visitors of my web folio to be confused about what kind of content could be found here or what to expect. Thus, I decided to make the home page as simple as possible to avoid overwhelming visitors, using keywords and a simple introduction for navigation. Moreover, I decided to use my dog as a welcome message because he is a lovely ambassador, as his cute smile represents friendliness and is approachable. The contents of my web folio are included according to the assignment’s instruction, which would be an exhibition of my past work that the professor can evaluate academically and professionally. In my opinion, creating a web folio is an excellent choice of being the final assignment of the class, as it can contribute to our professional careers by teaching practical skills such as creating resumes and writing professionally in the format of memorandums and formal reports—allowing us to excel in a professional workplace with the hands-on experience and knowledge gathered from the class.