Self-assessment reflection

I joined the class intending to improve my writing skills professionally because, as an English major, I was taught how to write academically for various purposes but never in a professional workplace manner. So I was very eager to learn how to craft a professional resume and improve my technical writing skills in a professional workplace manner with proper guidance. Learning how to write appropriate memos and emails is crucial to any professional office job, and the technical writing class did precisely that. The training began with writing a memorandum and application letter for introduction and peer interaction, and gradually, to creating a formal report like a professional, including the proposal and progress report, and crafting a draft for peer review. Now I have even completed the web folio of my design and application package that taught me every skill I needed for job application in a short span of one semester. The available resources gathered on this page will attest to my newly acquired lifelong skills that can favor my chances of landing a desirable office job. Lastly, thank you, Professor Paterson. I wholeheartedly enjoyed attending your class.