My best works

Hello, and welcome to my best works page! Here you can find my previous work associated with the technical writing class I took at UBC, where I was taught and given the opportunity to write professionally for various purposes. For example, defining a complex technical term and memorandums for notification, proposal, and writing recommendations. In addition, peer reviews and formal report-associated works can also be found on their assigned pages, and you can quickly access them by clicking on the hyperlink infused in the title!

THE THREE DEFINITIONS OF BLOWBACK

The purpose of this assignment is to showcase the importance and role of definitions, where we are tasked to understand how definitions should be portrayed for the intended audience and purpose. Since I have experience in the airsoft industry, I chose to write on a complex technical term related to airsoft, the blowback mechanism, to be precise. If you would like to know more about the term and my work, please visit the page for more details.

PEER REVIEW OF CULTURAL CAPITAL

This is the first peer review we were assigned in the technical writing class—introducing us to the concept of peer review for proofreading and recommendation in a respectful and professional tone. If you would like to know more about the peer review of a complex term, please visit the page for more details.

MEMORANDUM TO EVAN CRISP

The premise of this assignment is to give recommendations to a student who wishes to write a professional email to the professor in hopes of achieving a favorable response. The recommendations include writing with a friendly and respectful tone, correct formatting, and, most importantly, correctly expressing the YOU attitude. If you would like to know more about the recommendations, please visit the page for more details.

LINKEDIN BEST PRACTICES MEMORANDUM

This assignment aims to research and summarize valuable techniques beneficial to building an online professional profile, such as one on LinkedIn. Thus, we were tasked to find ten best practices that can help improve or create a great LinkedIn profile, contributing to our respective knowledge and sharing with others. The more, the merrier for good pieces of advice! If you would like to know more about the best practices, please visit the page for more details.

MEMORANDUM: FORMAL REPORT PROPOSAL

This is a memorandum for the formal report proposal, used to notify the professor of our successful submission, and doubles as a practice memorandum for formatting. If you would like to know more about the memorandum, please visit the page for more details.

FORMAL REPORT: PROPOSAL

This is where the topic of my formal report, “Improving Road Safety in the West Vancouver Residential Area,” first manifested as a proposal. The purpose of this assignment is for us to develop and explore realistic concerns or ideas that correlate to our daily lives or things and topics we are passionate about. For example, I chose the topic of speeding in West Vancouver because I live in West Vancouver, and speeding is an increasingly dangerous concern. Thus, I made plans to research and complete a formal report on that topic! If you would like to know more about the proposal, please visit the page for more details.

FORMAL REPORT: PROGRESS REPORT WITH SURVEYS

This is a progress report for the formal report, where we were tasked to check in with the professor in the form of a progress check while proposing a survey pending approval. This assignment acted as a reminder to keep up with the schedule of creating a formal report because it is a challenging assignment that requires lots of time and effort to complete. If you would like to know more about the progress report and the survey, please visit the page for more details.

PEER REVIEW OF A FORMAL REPORT

This is a peer review of a formal report completed by me to develop a habit of appreciating peer review and utilizing this opportunity to review and receive constructive feedbacks that can improve our respective formal report. If you would like to know more about the content and format of the peer review, please visit the page for more details.