Marketing Blog #6 – Video Assignment Reflection

It is only after I watched our entire video do I realize how much effort we each put in, what a great video should be like, and how important it is to trust each other in a team. Certain things seem easy at the beginning turned out to be the hardest parts whereas others appeared difficult at first ended up being simple. There are so many things to consider when shooting the video, such as controlling the noise level of different scenes, shooting from different angles to make the conversation flow more smoothly, and searching for the perfect mood fitting music effects to generate a more complete story. Even though I have only learned only the basics of creating videos, I feel satisfied when watching our finished product with the rest of the team and know that the knowledge that I have gained will be useful for the future.

Of course, this video assignment not only broadened my knowledge about acting, filming, and editing but also allowed me to experience new ways to bond with my teammates. Since this project was quite big and different from the ones that I have done in the past, our team had to decide everything on our own – from the amount of information to put about our company, Lululemon, to the style and creativity of the video, and later to the editing and selecting sound effects as well. During this procedure, we listened to different ideas and chose the best one together as a team given the limited time and resource. We were open and patient with each other and also learned a lot from each other. The video in the end might not be perfect in many ways, but it contains all of our effort and is of great value to all of us.