Ouch…”Obese” letter instead of sweet candy?

A woman from North Dakota is being criticized for her plan to give an obesity reminding letter to the parents of those trick-or-treaters whom she thinks are overweight.

“I just want to send a message to the parents of kids that are really overweight”, claimed by Cheryl who is the letter sender

She also added that: “It’s just these kids, I see them and they are struggling to stay healthy and they want to play with other kids and I think it’s really irresponsible of parents to send them out looking for free candy just ‘cause all the other kids are doing it.”

Last but not least, she believes that she is contributing the society as a whole to address the health problem of child obesity.

Personal opinion: The letter does reflect some honest opinion from the woman, while I wouldn’t criticize this woman with harsh words, I do think it is hurtful to young children who are being judged base on their appearance. A better solution could be sending out low-sugar candies, or prepare other healthier food such as raisins….