On December 7th, the German Program is offering an information session on the Canadian Summer School in Germany. The CSSG is an intensive six-week program that runs from May 4th to June 22nd in the German city of Kassel. Courses are offered on all levels of instruction, from first-year German to graduate seminars. The program allows you to earn six credits that will seamlessly transfer back to UBC, as the program runs through St. Mary’s University in Nova Scotia, meaning that your courses will transfer from one Canadian institution to another.
An important detail for international students: There is no international tuition differential for this program, so all participating students pay domestic tuition.
Highlights of the program include excursions to Trier and Berlin, an immersion phase in a hostel north of Kassel and a placement with a host family for the duration of the program.
The list of six-credit courses offered during next year’s CSSG include:
- First-year (second-semester) German immersion (A2)
- Second-year German immersion (B1)
- Third-year German immersion (B2)
- Fourth-year German immersion (C1)
- Study-abroad Service Learning (for previous CSSG students only)
- German Community Service Learning (B2 and up)
- Teaching and Learning German (for graduate TAs, B.Ed. students, & in-service teachers)
The time and date for the information session is as follows:
Date: 7 December 2021
Time: 7:00pm to 8:00pm
A recording of this session will be available on UBC’s German Corner: www.blogs.ubc.ca/germancorner
For more details, you can check out the information on the CSSG program website (www.cssg.ca).