RE: Canadian’s changing preferences of alcohol!

I am going to elaborate on Christopher Yim’s post regarding the Canadian decrease in beer consumption over the previous ten years.

My whole family comes from various areas of Italy, all of which drink notable amounts of wine with every meal. However, on a warm summer’s day, there seems to be nothing more refreshing than an ice-cold Corona. Now, my personal opinions as to why the consumption of beer in Canada is decreasing and demand for imported wines and spirits is increasing comes from the fact that beer is relatively expensive in Canada (as opposed to USA, where a can of Coors is cheaper that a bottle of water), and wine can always be found at fair prices.

The range of wine prices varies greatly in the market. All with similar alcohol levels, cheap wine has been becoming more abundant because of the fact that people do not want to empty their wallets for a blood alcohol level of 0.15. This boost in popularity of wine was expected because of how much wine varies. There are specific wines for eating steak, cheese, or pasta, and I have yet to hear of a beer that would go well with filet mignon.