Gold

Just another UBC Blogs weblog

Best Celebrity Spokesman

with one comment

William Shatner – is – the best – celebrity spokesperson – of all time.  William Shatner became the face of Priceline in 1997.  Priceline is a company that operates a commercial website that helps consumers secure discounted rates for airlines and hotels.

Shatner has done a series of commercials for Priceline, making the craziness of travel planning have a comical twist.

Priceline plays on the Shatner persona.  “You get the feeling that he’s very much in tune with the brand and the company.  That kind of longevity and dedication can be [very] effective,” says a top Priceline executive.

On top of Shatners involvement with Priceline he recently did a commercial for the computer game World of Warcraft:

Shatner’s comical yet serious tone makes anything interesting and personally catches my attention.

Point is, a little fun can go a long way.

Shatner – is – the best.

Written by golde

October 13th, 2010 at 8:07 pm

Posted in Uncategorized

One Response to 'Best Celebrity Spokesman'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Best Celebrity Spokesman'.

1. Whenever I see William Shatner, this is all I can think of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54.

On another note, I gotta agree with you for the most part. The word “best” is very subjective, but I would definitely agree that he is one of the greatest celebrity spokespeople of all time. He carries this aura around that is matched by very few in the industry.

jaredlo91

13 Oct 10 at 11:23 pm