Offensive phrases on bottle caps prompt Coca-Cola to cancel Canadian promotion Add to …

A printed bottle cap is shown in a handout photo from Blake Loates. (Blake Loates/THE CANADIAN PRESS)

Coca-Cola has cancelled a Canadian promotion that paired randomly generated English and French words inside bottle caps after an Edmonton woman got one that said “You Retard.” To cancelling the campaign, Denny said the company will destroy all of the caps with words printed on them. She said Coca-Cola was still deciding how to deal with the printed caps that are already on bottles.

In my opinion, I think Coca-Cola assume that people are willing to buy more vitamin water to make funny sentence by collecting lids but they failed it. Some people got offended and complained it to Coca-Cola. Why didn’t they put beautiful words instead of bad words? If I were them I would put positive words that make people happy and cheer them up. The consumer might buy this specific vitamin water instead of other brands because when I see the positive words in wash room that positive words influences me, it makes me feel better when I was in bad mood. I think most people wouldn’t buy something that says to me “You Retard”. Why didn’t they make funny words without using bad words? I hope Coca-Cola don’t make this kind of mistake in the future.

——————————————————————————————————————–Reference

Article and picture

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/industry-news/marketing/offensive-phrases-on-bottle-caps-prompt-coca-cola-to-cancel-canadian-promotion/article14427173/