Launching new iPads is not the best way to promote sales

Apple to unveil new iPads Oct. 16:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/international-business/apple-to-unveil-new-ipads-oct-16/article20920046/

Everyday I take my iPhone and Macbook Air with me, but leave my iPad2 and iPod touch at home. Since all these gadgets have similar functions, having two of them is enough. I admit that Apple has really awesome products, but how can it make every of its products unique?

apple-products

When asked about the reasons for buying iPad, most people’ answer will be words like convenient and portable. While iPad3 and iPad4 have improvements such as increased resolution of the display and processing power, they are not the center of customers’ focus. I may get an iPhone 6 for new functions and fashion reasons, but I don’t feel the need to update my iPad.

For a tech company like Apple, keeping improving technology and updating products is essential, but it should focus on the uniqueness of its products so that it can balance the sales. Also, while Apple is now leading the way in the digital world, super-cheap tablets available from Amazon, Samsung, Asus, Lenovo and other companies are threatening the sales of iPad.

besttablets2013

Now Apple is to unveil new iPads, and also the smaller iPad mini. Keeping launching new iPad models maintains the high price. However, if customers have already had their own iPhones, they will probably switch to other cheaper ones or simply give up buying another tablet. If Apple wants to promote the sales of the iPad, it is better to reposition it or decrease the price.