The Road Ahead/Week #6

Well, the midterms are over, so now there is a little bit more time to focus on trading. Thus, I have a few goals for the coming weeks.

This week I have traded two short contracts on corn and wheat because I have been trading only soybeans since I wanted to learn more about soybean futures and soybean as a commodity. Now I want to focus on two commodities: corn and wheat, therefore, to do some market analyses.

Furthermore, besides reading news I want to learn the basics of technical analyses because today I was reading the cool source of information recommended by Ishrat, so I understand that the technical analyse is another great tool to predict the future instead of looking at current price movements due to daily news because the price cycles have pattern to repeat.

In addition to learning corn and wheat markets and to get familiar with technical analyses, I would like to learn the limit order and options futures. I have tried the market and spread order, but I still don’t know anything about limit order, so in order to be familiar with basics of futures market I think it is necessary to learn about this trading type.

Briefly, I would like to enhance my comprehension on commodity futures, thus corn and wheat market analyses, technical analyses, limit order, and option futures are my goals for the coming weeks.

Good luck!

2 thoughts on “The Road Ahead/Week #6

1. Hey again, Gulsana!

I have to say that I agree with you; both technical analysis and limited orders are very important for our trading game. After trading for almost 2 months, I think technical analysis more useful than information I gather from the news (even though I dont’ know anything about technical analysis at all!). As for limited orders, I find price limited orders extremely useful with the lags we’ve been getting with tradesim. Even though price limit sometimes fail too, the probability of an error occurring with price limit order is a lot less than with a market order. I think you should try it! πŸ™‚

Good luck trading this week! πŸ™‚