Hans' Blog

Just another UBC Blogs site

Classmate Blog : Best Buy, Amazon`s Showroom

without comments

While going through classmates’ blogs, I stumbled upon Hugh’s blog about Best Buy being used as a showroom for Amazon. In my opinion, it is true that many consumers are looking into online purchases rather than going into stores to purchase their items. Personally, what I do is that I would go into stores to have a first hand view of the product that I am interested, and then buy it online because of the cheaper price.  This process is not beneficial for stores such as Best Buy because consumers are using the stores as like a showroom for their purchases online later on. I agree with Best Buy’s plan to match any price that is online. Not only will this regain their customers  it will be providing competition for online retailers. Consumers will not purchase online anymore because the prices will be the same in store compared to online. Moreover, by purchasing at the stores, consumers will be able to obtain their product immediately.

The only problem with this plan is that Best Buy will need a list of online competitors that it will match prices with. This is because certain online retailers will be able to offer prices that are so low that Best Buy would lose money if they compete with them. There should be a list of retailers that Best Buy will compete with based on the validity of the prices that the online retailers are selling their products at. With this, Best Buy will have no problem competing and regaining their customers.

Written by hanschoi

October 19th, 2012 at 12:09 am

Posted in Uncategorized