Welcome! & About Me

Welcome to my professional educational blog! I recently completed my practicum at Sir Matthew Begbie Elementary in a combined class of grade 1 and 2. This blog highlights my educational philosophy as well as some of my favourite moments from my 10 week classroom experience!

I am a 1.5 generation Korean Canadian, and I immigrated to Vancouver with my family at the age of six. My experiences as an ELL is what helps me empathize with the majority of the students in any given classroom in the Greater Vancouver public school systems. I attended Sir Winston Churchill Secondary and then went on to pursue my post secondary education at University of British Columbia, where I received a BA in English and Classical History. My passion lies in integrating art and music into education. I love using these methods, as well as others, to achieve differentiated instruction and also use them as a means of formative assessment.

I hope to continue teaching for a long time. My other hobbies include drawing, swimming, playing volleyball and writing short stories.

One thought on “Welcome! & About Me