Business Ethics

Posted by in Uncategorized

After reading Lauren Wilmot’s blog, I have to say that I agree with her. After Obamagot re-elected as the President of The United States of America, many companies like Boston Pizza will try to look for loopholes to avoid having to provide healthcare insurance for employees. I agree with Lauren on the fac that the most successful companies are companies that care for their employees.

Finding loopholes may reduce costs and increase profits short term; however, it might not be beneficial in the long run. Trying to find loopholes from having to provide healthcare insurance to employees can in the long run increase the employee turnover rate. The increased turnover rate will increase costs for training employees as well as lose credibility for having employees that care for the company. This can also create tensions between management and other employees. The new employees will have less knowledge on the company than old employees; in addition, new employees will only stay for a short period of time so the new employees will not learn enough about the company to be able to communicate the company’s values. In the long run the company’s reputation could be harmed by having employees that do not care for the company or its wellbeing. The incentive for employees is gone and competitors could look better in the eyes of consumers in comparison.