Cheap, Healthy Eats on Campus

Now that you know a little more about eating on a budget, you might be a little more interested in cheap places to eat on campus. Oh, who am I kidding?! Anyone would want to know about cheap eats on campus. Here is a list of my favourites!

Agora is a UBC student volunteer run café providing affordable, accessible, healthy, local and organic food choices to student and faculty.  Hot food items are made with UBC farm produce, and you can get a big bowl of soup plus a slice of quiche for only $5.00! Plus, you can’t go wrong with $1.00 coffee. Go to the Agora blog for more.

The Pendulum offers a variety of fresh, healthy, and delicious foods including pastas, sandwiches, and salads. They have an excellent selection of vegetarian and vegan options that are amazing. My personal favourite is the wild rice with dried fruit and nuts. Find them in the Student Union Building (SUB) basement.

Sprouts is also a volunteer-based food outlet that whips up soup, homemade bread, and delectable treats using local, fair trade, and organic ingredients. Visit the Sprouts website or find them in the SUB basement across from the UBC Wellness Centre.

And the most amazing of them all: Community Eats lunches are served in Sprouts from 11:30 AM-1:30 PM every second Friday. The meals are free or by donation if you wish. You just have to bring your own plate and utensils. Check out the Community Eats blog  for more information on the initiative.

Hope to see you at one of these cheap eats hot spots. Have any other suggestions? Leave us a comment!

3 Replies to “Cheap, Healthy Eats on Campus”

1. Quite usual you have given several amazing tips. Been lurking on the webpage for a short time and needed to give thanks to you for spending some time to post it.

2. Congratulations for the brilliant blog posting! I found your post very interesting, I think you are a brilliant writer. I added your blog to my bookmarks and will return in the future. I want to encourage you to continue that marvelous work, have a great daytime!