Top 5 Ways to Savour Summer

With the end of summer drawing closer and closer, it’s time to make the most of the time and sunshine we have left.

1. Plan a short trip. When I think of vacations, I think of plane trips, exotic climates, and slightly suspicious new food. But taking a trip to somewhere close by can be just as exciting and much more reasonable for people who can’t take time off work or can’t afford the ridiculous taxes and fees on flights. Why not spend some time up at Harrison Hot Springs, or go camping on an island you have never seen?
  2. Go camping without the tent. Campsites can be a great place to spend the day. There are lakes, hiking trails, and picnic areas that you can take advantage of without having to pitch a tent.
  3. Climb a mountain. Whether you do the Grouse Grind or just wander around on the top, mountains can be loads of fun even without the snow. Grouse Mountain in North Vancouver offers the Theatre in the Sky, a refuge for endangered wildlife, and the hilarious Lumberjack Show.
  4. Try some new wheels. Cars are overrated; try getting around by bike or rollerblades. If you are really adventurous you could even attempt to ride a unicycle.
  5. Consult Google. Type in “Vancouver events,” “Vancouver Bungee Jumping,” or even “Vancouver Knitting Competition.” Find something new to do, and do it.

Come up with your own idea. What have you always wanted to do? Then comment and share it with us!

One Reply to “Top 5 Ways to Savour Summer”

1. I definitely agree that cars are overrated, but anyways I had a great vacation a few weeks ago in Vancouver. I think everyone should go spend the day at Granville Island and try all of the amazing foods offered. Also, if you’re interested in planning a trip, then visit Portland or Bend, OR! Perfect places for active people!