As we finish up the last few weeks of class and head into exam season once again, it is easy to fall into bad eating habits amidst all the madness
Why waste time on food preparation when we have papers to finish and chapters to catch up on, right? But this is the period when your body needs you to take care of it the most.
Fortunately, the Wellness Centre Nutrition Team has a solution for you: study snacks.
Study snacks have so many things going for them, why wouldn’t you love them?
- They are delicious. “I don’t like delicious food”, said no one ever.
- They don’t take much time away from surfing Reddit and Facebook to prepare.
- They help you get in nutrients you otherwise would be lacking in.
- They keep your mouth occupied when trying to focus – hey, fewer chewed up pens? We could all use that.
- They make you the most popular person at your study group table.
The key is to choose your study snacks wisely. And to help you with that, we have gone the extra mile to provide you with a simple, delicious recipe to try your hands at making!
Honey-glazed Cinnamon Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 15 oz. can of chickpeas
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl.
- Add canola oil, cinnamon, sugar, salt, and honey. Mix.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Spread chickpeas evenly on parchment paper.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.