Healthy Decisions: Learning to Say No

“Should I go or should I not go?”  is a question I ask myself countless times each week. Recently, making decisions to say “no” to certain things have been a struggle for me.

I want to be involved with so many things: go to events and meetings, volunteer for events, spend time with my friends and study. But sometimes saying “yes” to too many things at the same time will result in negative consequences – for me, it means being stressed out and lacking the time for doing what is important.

It is important to know how to manage time by distinguishing between what is important and/or urgent. Learn how to manage your time well.

Often times, I feel guilty for saying “no” to people. I feel bad for letting them down and I worry that they would think negatively about me. And sometimes I have the FOMO (Fear of Missing Out).

Despite all the negative feelings that I had due to saying “no”, I had to learn to say no – the author of this article mentions that we need to say no in order to say yes to certain things.

After reading a few articles, I realized that I am not alone in my struggle. It seems that most of us would have to learn to say no. Read this helpful article: Nine Practices to Help You Say No. For those of you who want a Christian perspective on saying no, read this article.

What things do you need to say “no” to in order to be able to say “yes” to other things?