Healthy Life Journey: Acceptance. Growth. Change.

“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference”

– The Serenity Prayer adapted from Reinhold Niebuhr’s original Serenity Prayer

Travelling through the road of acceptance, change and growth. Photo Credit: Cordelia

Acceptance. Growth. Change. 3 processes that all work together for our good.

1. Acceptance 

I find it a struggle to accept my rather extreme introversion. But gradually, I came to a realization that being introvert isn’t a negative thing – I was really encouraged when I heard Susan Cain’s (the bestselling author of the book Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can’t Stop Talking) TED talk on introversion.

Is there anything that you find hard to accept about yourself, others or your situation? Learn to accept it if there is nothing you can do to change it or when you know that have done your best to change all that you can.

2. Change

“If only he/she would do this, then all will be fine,” says person A. Have you said this before? Instead of expecting others to change, let us take up the courage to change for the better. Change is not easy because it takes us out of our comfort zone, but it is worth it.

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi

Seasons change, and so should we
Photo credit: Cordelia

3. Growth

When I came to Vancouver, I had to grow a lot in the areas of volunteering, planning my career path, having the discipline to cook meals instead of eating out, learning to build deeper friendships and trying new things that I had never done before.

Write down areas in which you hope to grow during 2013.

Any thoughts to share about acceptance, change and growth?