What can I do on UBC.ca?

UBC has a very impressive website. It’s full of tools, resources, and interesting articles related to almost every aspect of University life. The only problem is that with so much important content, it can be overwhelming to browse through everything. Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 11.15.34 AMis the section of the website dedicated to- you guessed it- students, so I definitely recommend spending a few minutes looking around for yourself, but just in case you don’t have time I thought I would share some of the resources that I use most often:

Academic Resources

• Assignment Calculator. Put in the start and end date for an assignment or paper and it will give you an easy to follow timeline to help break it down and make it less stressful.
  • Interacting with Profs. Get tips from actual professors on how and why to go to office hours.

Health and Wellbeing 

• Student Health Service. Need to go to the doctor? Give Student Health Service a call. They are here to act as your family doctor while you’re at UBC.
  • The Wellness Centre. Do you ever wonder what the Wellness Centre is? Check us out!
  • General Information. From nutrition to homesickness to building self confidence, this section of students.ubc.ca is full of information and healthy tips.

Getting Involved

• What’s Happening.  Watch hilarious videos about upcoming events here at UBC.
  • On Campus Experience. Whether you want to find a WorkLearn job, apply for PeerPrograms, or join a club, this page can direct you to tons of different on campus programs.