As part of Nutrition Month here is the recipe for week 2:
No-Bake Trail Mix
- 4 cups Shreddies-type cereal
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups chopped mixed dried fruit
- ½ cup whole almonds, toasted
- 1 cup shredded coconut (optional)
In a large bowl, combine cereal and cinnamon; mix in remaining ingredients. This recipe was from Cookspiration.
Did you know?
- Dieticians everywhere agree: kick-start your day with a balanced breakfast. Try this: http://ow.ly/BzcE9
- Craving a snack for the commute? In a pinch, make better vending machine choices: nuts, fruit or yogurt.
- Avoid pre-dinner munchies. Pack healthy snacks, like fruit, veggies or trail mix, for the commute home.
- Scrambling for supper at the end of a busy school day? Recruit your family/roommates to help. Go team!
- Rushing home? Manage mealtime mayhem with simple ideas from #cookspiration! http://cookspiration.com/