I want a Happy Meal!

I remember the time when I would always ask my parents to get me the happy meals so that I can get those little toys…  But as I grew up I realized that it was all Mcdonald’s strategy to target customers aged from 6-13. Now the world’s biggest fast-food chain is partnering with National Football League (NFL rush zone), a TV program that is starting a new season on Nickelodeon.

NFL is providing 32 characters that will be offered with happy meals so that NFL can target 6-13 year old children to watch their program.

In my opinion, it is a good choice that NFL sponsored Mcdonald’s because many parents worry that their children are watching football since playing this sport can cause concussions and brain damage but if the characters are distributed with happy meals, children will be able to know about NFL and watch the program. This will be a strength of NFL that will be differentiated from other competitors!

People watch the New York Giants' Victory Parade from a McDonalds' window on Feb. 7, 2012

References:http://adage.com/article/news/mcdonald-s-launches-nfl-themed-happy-meals-today/245283/