RESPONSE TO: Nintendo’s Innovational Decline

Nathan Lo’s blog

My comment:

Nintendo has been part of mine, and I assume many others of the same generation’s lives. As more innovative technology is introduced, Nintendo has been struggling to keep up with the younger generations’ higher demands of newer technology that Nintendo used to be able to provide. Although I’m not a huge gamer, I’ve noticed that Nintendo’s products have been getting less and less attention because of its lack of new ideas. I remember when I was younger and Nintendo came out with the DS, everyone was rushing to buy one. However, even though they are coming out with new versions of it, the idea of the DS is now old and not very attention-grabbing.

Personally, I think that Nintendo needs to step out of their comfort zone and stop building on their already developed technology. They need to come up with newer products that will catch the public’s attention, something that is different from what all the other gaming companies’ products. Although they are behind now, I believe that because their brand name is still well-known, it will not be hard for Nintendo to step up their game and win back their customers.

Sources: ImageBlog post