About Me

Hi there!

My name is Helen and I am currently a third year student in the Bachelor of Computer Science program. The Bachelor of Computer Science program is a full-time accelerated second degree program that is designed for students who already hold a previous undergraduate degree in another subject. This program allows students to combine the experience and knowledge gained from their already competed degree with computer science and technology. My own academic interests include, computer science, health science, and commerce. I am always interested in learning more about how technology can be integrated in healthcare systems and how it can play a role in improving overall health and wellbeing. I am also interested in learning more about how technology can be used promote accessibility and inclusivity in these diverse healthcare spaces. I believe that as technology continues to advance and revolutionize, it has the potential to make a positive societal impact, especially in addressing our current social and health challenges and issues.

Having previously been involved in healthcare settings through volunteer work at hospitals, as well as in corporate business settings through a past role in marketing, I have developed a professional interest of promoting the intersection between technology, health, and business. I hope to be involved in the field of health technology after completing my degree. More specifically, I am interested in expanding and improving current virtual healthcare systems to allow for equitable access as well as more efficient and productive systems. I believe all individuals deserve fair opportunities and access to all aspects of healthcare. I also believe that technology may have an important role in working towards decreasing the current healthcare barriers that individuals may face, including long wait times, unaffordable care, language barriers, transportation issues, etc. I am excited to learn more about all these topics as I continue forward in my degree!