Sustainable Business Ethics

At the beginning of the year, I chose courses based on interest. Staring at the long wall of options, I really didn’t know what to spend my time taking, and I’m proud to say that this term, I tried something new. In fact, a couple things; notably Sustainability by Design 221, and Introduction to Moral Theory 230A.

At the time, I didn’t think that any of these would apply to my degree – at least not directly, but perhaps there is “more than meets the eye” with certain things.

In large part, I don’t see myself broaching faculties. I don’t see myself switching planes to see these various subjects, because in my mind, they are one and the same. Business, like arts, and sustainable design, is often a question of how we live our lives; how we apply the concepts of our conception into subjective enhancement. When there is a dispute, reconciling the different perspectives of each faculty is in fact among the most rewarding experiences I’ve had at Sauder, and I’m easily proud to say that that is what business is meant to do; that is, business reaches out and bridges gaps for me, no matter where I go.

It may be the grassroots of something now, but just think of where I can go!