Wednesday Morning

Wednesday morning — I consumed two products: oatmeal, which consists of oats and oat bran and soymilk. I contacted Quaker Canada (a division of Pepsico Canada) to determine where the product is made and how it gets to Vancouver. They responded with a nice email, essentially saying that they get hundreds of requests daily for information and they cannot respond to every request (see email response on bottom of post). The only other item I consumed for breakfast is soymilk. The company that makes it, Sunrise, is local (729 Powell St. Vancouver) and I assume the ingredients are locally produced. The company spokeswoman did not say where the ingredients come from.

Yali:
Thanks for choosing Quaker Instant Oatmeal for your assignment. As much as we’d like to provide the information you requested, please understand that time does not permit us to research and prepare special answers for the numerous requests we receive each day.

If it helps, you may find some of the information your seeking on our corporate website and viewing the information we have on environmental sustainability. To do so, just click on this link:

http://www.pepsico.ca/en/Purpose/Environmental-Sustainability.html

05. July 2012 by Yali Chen
Categories: Uncategorized | Leave a comment