Academics

Master of Geomatics for Environmental Management

The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC

August 2018 – May 2019

I was fortunate enough to learn about the MGEM program during its inaugural year, when I was a 4th year undergraduate at UBC. The program offered me the perfect opportunity to learn more about landscape ecology and geomatics technologies. As a 1-year program, it fit my desire to quickly gain skills and gain employment in the geomatics field. I am currently taking courses in programming with Python, linear regression modeling, remote sensing, GIS for conservation, and more while working on a yearlong geomatics research project.

B.A. in Environment and Sustainability

September 2014 – May 2018

I made the migration north to begin studying at the University of British Columbia’s Vancouver campus in 2014. I came to UBC unsure of what degree I wanted to pursue, so I took courses in a variety of subjects in my first year. I slogged through physics and chemistry, but got the most enjoyment (and the best grades) out of a course in geomorphology. I soon realized that my skills and interests were best suited to geographical courses, so I decided to commit to the Environment and Sustainability major offered by the UBC Department of Geography. This program gave me a broad base of knowledge in Geography. I took courses drawing from geographical science such as Geographic Information Science (GIS) and remote sensing, as well as those drawing from Human Geography like water management and urban geography. In this program I discovered that my greatest interests were in analyzing and visualizing geospatial data.