Posted by: | 24th Jun, 2011

WIKI WIKI

Creating a wiki may be like riding a bike IF you have the same experience making a wiki as you do riding a bike. What I mean is, I had the opportunity to create a wiki in ETEC 510 and I know I spent a lot of time on it and I felt like I had a good grasp of what I was doing at the time – here it is: Ronna’s Wiki – it looks nice, right? Fast forward a few months and it was as if I was learning to speak a new language all over again. (Now, how did I get that content box to magically appear again?) I guess it makes sense since I spent a good decade riding a bike as my only means of transportation and only a couple of months “wikiing”. So, I found the UBC wiki sandbox and went to work (click here). I even learned how to make a table – the “real” way. Well, maybe if I had found the toolbar sooner that gave the option to “insert a table” I would have done that instead. But I am happy to have spent a bit of time re-learning how to create a wiki. Initially, I was a little disappointed in myself for having forgotten something I seemed to understand so well before, but it turned out to be yet another enjoyable experience.

I almost forgot, I also created a site on Wikispaces that I intend to use for my students in the Fall. It is important to me to be able to take a lot of what I learn in this course and actually use it in the classroom.

Responses

I wiki so rarely I’m always starting from zero agai n.
🙁

Leave a response

Your response: