Re: #Instagram

I’ve always had huge interest in social media, so I had some fun reading one of my fellow classmates Linette’s blog (https://blogs.ubc.ca/linetteho/2014/02/28/instagram/). It is true that the success of Instagram has a lot to do with its easy mobile, hashtags, liking and commenting, geotag posts.And other than the ones Linette mentioned in her blog, there are some points I would like to bring up as a active user of Instagram.

Pictures and videos – nowadays colorful and vivid pictures tend to be more attractive and eye-catching than simply texts, not many people are willing to spend more than 1 minute to read others daily status while a lot of them are interested in the ‘looks’ of friends’ daily lives. As we know, Instagram added its new function – short video, which I’m personally really fond of, I can not only record the motion of the everyday moments, but also my friends would be able to hear and feel what I felt at that special moment, needless to say there are various filters that can make your pictures and videos look much more fascinating.

Simple sharing – one of the very important reasons why people like using social media everyday is that they get attention from their friends and people around them, imagine if nobody likes, comments or even knows whatever you post on the social media everyday, then there would not be many people using the social media other than personal diary I guess. Thus, the simple sharing on Instagram enables people to get more attention right away. By just clicking ‘share’, people can easily share their posts on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and other social media.

With such success in the virtual world, now Instagram is about to launch its own instant camera, which all the instagram fans are waiting for.