Business ethics

Nestle Takes on Animal Cruelty.

For years, the world’s largest food company Nestle had been criticized for variety of reasons including infant formula in 1970’s LEDC countries, price fixing of chocolate, and unequal palm oil use. However, recently the company was one of many to introduce the policy of safe animal treatment. The new policy tackles issues involving drugging of chickens to make them grow quicker and bigger as well as mutilation of animals cutting of their legs, hands and tails specifically the pigs. The company is one of many during the last decade to change its stance on methods of food production, one of which is fast-food company “Burger King” introducing a similar policy in 2012.

Personally, I do not support Nestle as I am well aware of all the wrong business decisions they’ve made in the past but I believe that even if Nestle throughout history has been a polarizing company the newest step that they took will be beneficial for the company’s reputation. I also came to the conclusion that ethics plays a big role in determining the firm’s overall image as well as ethical status.

Source of article and image:

http://www.livescience.com/47747-nestle-adopts-humane-farming-policy.html