Chris Lam

Speculative Futures

This poster is inspired by my fascination with biohackers, especially those who seek to elevate human abilities through integration with technologies. I imagine ocular implants that allow users to scan images and texts through their eyes. This device would be connected to other enhancement implants such as cochlear implants, nanotech, and other processing implants. I imagine users being able to read all languages, then hear the words through integration with cochlear implants that transmit sounds through bone conduction, or “see” information forming in their minds through integration with processing chips or other nanotech that’s connected to the Internet and communicates with the brain directly. I have no idea what “7G” connectivity might be like, but 5G and 6G connectivity are fast, so I expect 7G to be incredible.

No longer will people need to study languages, learn to read, etc., as the integration with technology will allow them to process and understand their world around them.

I remember my struggles as a student when I completed my first postsecondary degree. O how I wish I could learn and remember information while I was sleeping! I know that we are close to that reality now, since there are developments in devices that allow manipulation of dreams. It will only be a matter of time before people can enjoy life during the day, and learn while sleeping through learning dreams. Inspired by the MIT Dream Incubation Device; see this ScienceAlert article for details.

All images used on this page are from Pixabay; free for commercial use, no attribution required.

« »