Reflection on Marketing Plan Assignment

Due to the fact that different people tend to have different ideas about the assignment, therefore, conflicts have been generated within our group. Thankfully, these “conflicts” didn’t cause any negative effect to our group.  On the other way around, the “conflicts” made us become a better team. As a team, we all contributed equally on the assignment. This marketing group assignment is one of the most interesting assignments that I have ever had in UBC.

Rather than submitting the whole big assignment at the end of the semester, our professor separated this assignment into three different parts so that we could do it part by part. Even though we made some mistakes in the first part of the assignment, we could correct it before we did the second part and the third part of the assignment. I personally think that this is a good way to learn since we could see things more detail if we do it part by part. Moreover, I think the deadline for each part of the assignments was quite reasonable. Basically, we had around half month to deal with each section of the assignment which was more than enough time.

In my opinion, the most exciting part of this assignment was the video part. In this part, we need to figure out how to make our own video by our self.  At first, we didn’t have any knowledge on video making, so it was quite hard for us to build up our own video. If we were given more lectures on teaching how to make video, I think it will be great.

Overall, I really enjoy this assignment. I found that using video to share our ideas to people is way funny than doing the actual presentation. In the process of making video, we can learn things together as a team.