My career as an educational developer began when I was hired for a 4-month contract to work on a teaching portfolio initiative at the University of British Columbia’s teaching and learning centre. That project started my interest in portfolios. And though that initiative wrapped up a long time ago, my interest in portfolios has remained alive.
Below are some workshops/webinars I have participated in related to portfolios.
- Academic Branding: Improving Your Visibility, Network, and Career Opportunities. (February 25, 2015. Webinar offered by Academic Coaching and Writing).
- WordPress training (ongoing since 2009)
- ePortfolios for Learning and Assessment web conference (Dr. Trent Batson and Dr.Helen Chen, September 28, 2008)
- Developing and Evaluating Teaching Portfolios web Conference (Dr. Amy Goodburn, October 26, 2007)
- Opportunities for Reflection and Community-Building Using Emerging Technologies Presentation by Helen Chen, Stanford University; Friday, March 3, 2006; 1.5 hours)
- Creating Electronic Portfolios using iWebfolio 3.0 (September, 2005)
- e-Portfolios at UBC (Full-day conference, UBC Robson Square, November, 2004)