Home

Hi there! Welcome to my UBC blog about English 301!

English 301 – Technical Writing, taught by professor Erica Paterson, is a distance education course offered by the University of British Columbia. I am excited to integrate the approaches I learn from this class into my future aspirations and gain professional insights while entering the corporate world.

This course articulates the foundations of business communication, ranging from simple emails to elaborate correspondences. Furthermore, it provides students with the opportunity to professionally present themselves on online platforms such as LinkedIn for further education and/or employment experiences. While some would look at this course to fill in their credits, my expectations from it are to sharpen my technical writing skills and be competitively well-versed when I step into the real world after graduation! With the vivid ideologies and concepts I will learn through this course, I hope to introspect on my personal growth and come out as an improved version of myself.

This blog would consist of my reflections, assignments, and projects that are parallel with the requirements of this course. Moreover, I look forward to reviews on my work from my fellow classmates and my instructor who will be instrumental in my personal development as this course progresses. Constructive criticism is something I always appreciate as it would help me strive for distinction and allow me to gauge new insights about my work, and me of course!