Biography

My name is Ishaan, and I am a third-year student in the Faculty of Arts at UBC. My major is Interdisciplinary Studies where I intend to integrate Economics, Commerce, and English into one working major to further my passion and get into the industry of Consulting. I am born and brought up in Mumbai, India and stay on campus while in Vancouver.

On campus, I am the Marketing Director for the UBC TAC’s Club as well as a Career Peer Coach at the Work Learn department of UBC. So if you need to file your taxes or gain some insights on career planning, I’d be happy to help!

Everybody has some struggles, and mine was to find the right footholds for my future. Coming from a business background, I always knew I wanted to get into the corporate world, hopefully make it to Wall Street someday (I promise I’m trying!). After coming to UBC, I saw a plethora of opportunities that helped me streamline my strengths and passions and turn them into a prospective profession.

My future endeavors include networking with present consulting employees and creating a base for me for when I graduate. I also want to join the other leadership positions across campus that help me gain skills to better myself as a person and be competent while seeking employment in the country.

Since I am actively seeking internships and other career-oriented opportunities, I have taken this course to maximize my knowledge in business communication and pen down my accomplishments on a well-developed resume for my future employers.

On the fun side, I am an outgoing person always wanting to find the sun in our gloomy Vancouver and never seize to miss a beautiful sunset. Socializing and being with friends, be it cycling around Stanley park or venting about our assignments at home, always help me pull through a rough day 🙂