Comm 101: don’t drop it!

What I have learnt

The basics of business, from the world of marketing and the creation of brands to the number crunching and financial analysis.

However, more importantly I have had an opportunity to learn about the world. Having distinguished speakers coming in and sharing their stories and passions was not only unique but very inspirational. I also feel that I have grown as an individual, from learning to take every class as a meeting, to actually talking in a class of a hundred student. Through the group work I was able to meet people and share my passions and ideas with them, getting me used to the kinds of group work that will come in the years ahead at Sauder.

Without this class I would not be able to write a blog or use a clicker. I feel that this class has helped me not only learn in the classroom but given me the tools that have taught me how to learn.

Inspired…

As mentioned, I had been inspired by listening to the stories of the professionals that had come in. On thursday the 24th of November I took this one step further meeting Roberto Aquilini, of the Aquilini Investment Group.

I was able to learn about his story and his struggles in life. Yet, it was a very humbling experience and a rare opportunity to meet such a high profile business, I must that both my professors in Comm 101, as I feel without them I would be unable to hold my self in a professional manner and keep up the conversation with him.