Amazon’s Same-day Shipping option in Canada

Last week, Amazon has expanded its same-day delivery option to Canada. Customers from Vancouver and Toronto can now place orders online and receive their packages within 24 hours. Amazon is currently testing local taxi cab deliveries. Through deliveries by taxi cabs, orders can be shipped 7 days a week, including holidays.

Amazon Canada

In my opinion, I believe that this was a very strategic move for Amazon. By partnering with local taxi companies, orders can now be shipped on weekends. Many people go to work from Mondays to Fridays, which conflicts with delivery companies operating hours. I have seen many UPS and Canada Post notes stuck to the window of apartments and houses stating that no one was in the house at the time of the delivery and that the parcel can be picked up at the nearest location. This can be a turn off for many people because when customers buy products online, they expect it to be delivered to their house. However, due to the time conflicts with the customers and delivery companies, many customers have to leave the comforts of their own home after a tiring day at work to go to the pickup location. With this innovative same-day shipping method, Amazon can target customers who want to buy online but due to time conflicts, buy from local stores instead.

Source:

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y14/m10/i17/s03