Link to Task 6: Emoji Story with Kayli

Warning: spoiler alert for both mine and Kayli’s emoji stories!

I chose Kayli’s emoji story because I immediately knew what movie she had chosen based on the title, even though I have never seen the film myself. An ant emoji and a male face emoji… it had to be Ant Man! I wondered for a while if I had an advantage in guessing it since I’ve been chatting with Kayli for the past year or so and know that she likes superhero films. But when I read the comments made by a couple of our colleagues who had seen the movie, I realized it was just a very straightforward depiction of the story.

We both took a similar approach in that we tried to choose recognizable stories and ended up using multiple emojis to represent a single character. In order to introduce Russel, the nature scout in the movie Up!, I used a tent and a boy emoji. Both of our stories had short titles that were easy to convey. One major difference between our emoji stories was that Kayli seemed to do more of a summary to give an overall impression of the important plot points, while I attempted to include the whereabouts of each character throughout the whole story. In retrospect, I think this made my story a bit harder to follow! Luckily, the iconic house with balloons managed to get my point across.

Kayli’s Emoji Story

Thanks for the fun story, Kayli! Nice work.