Business Ethics and Sports: The Final Blog Post Creates a Full Circle

Look at this sentimentality. Closing the circle of life of my blog with my final post on the same topic as my first: Business Ethics. It’s incredible how a few short months can add such a wealth of perspective on this issue. While preparing for this post, I read an article that made reference to business ethics, in the sports world. Recently, players in all leagues are being fined sums of money as high as $25,000 for inappropriate online actions, such as tweets or pictures. I was able to draw a strong connection to a message that has been constantly preached to us during Comm 101: How to create a positive online profile. With the current progressive nature of the online community, more and more business is being done online. From meetings, to looking for employees, so much of the business world is being digitalized. For young adults, including myself, paving their way into the business world, there is no margin for error in creating a positive image online. Personally, I have learned just how important our online presence is, and how it is near impossible to hide what has already been put online. One of the intangible lessons I will be grateful for from Comm 101 is the lesson on online responsibility.