The first time I heard about twitter and its purpose I was a bit unsure why so many people would want to use it, it seemed a bit useless at that time. However, I can say that I have done a complete 180 degree change in regards to this new social media tool and have realized the enormous potential it holds. It is probably the easiest way to get your brand known, and new information about your company or product out. That 140 characters may be small, but it is very powerful. It is very convenient, as updates from family and friends are posted quickly and in a much more condensed form. Twitter is fast, and that is what its advantage is as you are able to find almost everything at one spot, your wall.

thenextweb.com

Popular celebrities have certainly jumped on this new trend and it has brought them much more exposure. They are able to ‘directly’ communicate with the fans, but also to spread their ‘brand’ around. More personal approach equals better relationships and higher degree of trust. One of my favourite ‘twitterers’ is Kelly Oxford, a Calgary based stay at home mom, who rose to twitter stardom with her witty, often sarcastic posts.  Jessica Alba, Josh Groban and John Meyer are part of her 90,000 followers, and that number is growing every day. Recently I read, she was hired to write a TV comedy based on her life that was already picked up by CBS. From “her home to Hollywood”, that is the power of the little online bird, the Twitter.

2 responses

Do you want to comment?

Comments RSS and TrackBack Identifier URI ?

Glad to hear that you’re a Twitter convert, Jasna. Interesting post. We’ll talk more about Twitter when we’re into promotion.

Do you think that companies who use Twitter are using it effectively? What are some of the most effective and least effective Twitter campaigns that you’ve seen?

E

February 19, 2011 11:37 am

Hello,

First of thank you for the feedback. I am indeed a Twitter convert and I am enjoying it. As far as effective Twitter use goes, I really do like how most magazines and newspapers post their top stories with direct links to the websites. Its very efficient and perfect for our time-poor society. Also, Twitter gives you opportunity to build your brand and interact with consumers, and reportedly some companies do not respond to any questions customers asked. That could potentially be very harmful, and having Twitter could actually affect your company/brand negatively.

Jasna

March 4, 2011 3:09 am

Comment now!

Trackbacks