My favourite nail lacquer brad is OPI, so after reading Prianka Dhir’s blog post on OPI ‘Nailed it’, I decided to add my two cents to the discussion on this fantastic brand. As she already mentioned OPI is huge, amounting to over $300 million in sales annually. Needless to say, they are the leader in the market of nail care.

beauyrealm.com

I am amazed at the creativity level they posses and their ability to come up with new products every year.They have a product that is differentiated from their competition by the quality of the formula and the vast selection of colours. Customers remember this brand not only for its quality but also because its nail lacquers have witty names such as ‘Ate Berris in the Canneries’, ‘Van-Couvered In Snow’, and ‘I Don’t do Dishes’ to name a few. Although its main target are females (demographic segmentation), OPI has recognized that we all have different tastes when in comes to colour of the nail lacquer we prefer. They have properly segmented their market, so that they target each group based on their lifestyle or age. OPI offers neutral collections for more mature women/businesswomen, funky bright colours for teens and younger generations, and tons of colours in between so everybody can find their perfect shade. Moreover, they have also segmented geographically by releasing European, Australian, British, South American, Canadian and many more inspired collections.

beauyrealm.com

They understand their market well and as Prianka said show the understanding of cultures around the world through fun way, a diverse nail lacquer colours that represent a small piece of culture. OPI has indeed “nailed it”.

One response

Do you want to comment?

Comments RSS and TrackBack Identifier URI ?

Thanks so much for the link! Love your blog! OPI is amazing…got to love it! 🙂

February 16, 2011 2:19 pm

Comment now!

Trackbacks